The post below (Day 9: The Garden Experiment) inspired me to make a full farmers market + veggie garden meal last night. Every ingredient is not only seasonal but grown in farms around Lafayette, Indiana or our very own garden. I got the recipes from David Lebovitz’s (of course) “My Paris Kitchen” and from “Earth to Table” by Jeff Crump and Bettina Schormann.
Dinner Menu and sourcing:
Poulet à la moutarde: My Paris Kitchen
– Chicken – Sheepdog Farms
– Onions – Cooley Family Farm
– Bacon – Historic Lafayette Farmers Market*
– Thyme – our garden
New Potato Salad with Green Beans and Shallots: Earth to Table
– Potatoes – Pleasant Acres Farm
– Green Beans – Pleasant Acres Farm
– Shallots – West Lafayette Farmer’s Market* (In case you are close by, its the awesome Italian dude with denim short shorts)
– Parsley – our garden
*I’ll update vendor names soon.